Alu plåt - 1mm - Caldera cone - Var att köpa?

Hej tillsamman,

I am new here and my swedish is not the best ;). I hope you don't mind if I post in english. I'm an exchange student from Germany.

Right now I am preparing for my solo hiking trip to norway and my beercan stove needs to be pimped. Want to make a caldera cona.

But where can I buy aluminum foil in sweden? About 1mm thick.

Tack för att hjälpa mig!

Andreas

Check with your local DIY home improvement store (Bauhaus, Byggmax, Beijer, Tools, K-rauta...), they should be able to at least point you in the right direction...

...and the next step is looking up roofers "plåtslagare" in the yellow pages, and phoning around to see if they have scraps for sale.

Thrift stores (loppmarknad, loppis) is also a good place to look. Oven pans made out of aluminium for 5 SEK is pretty ok to butcher for material.

Also depending on where you live, and if you're on a tight budget, you could try your luck just walking around your local industrial estate, and keep your eyes peeled. Aluminium is used in a lot of different things, and the small amounts you need may well be lying next to the road somewhere. If you're on a material sourcing hike, make sure to look for goodies where the homeless people burn the insulation off their stolen copper wire. You never know what you'll find. There's usually a few places near every industrial estate or harbour if you live close to one.

Windscreen is not built in Al but SS. That material is hard on tools and fingers if you don't have the right set.
So shopping is reccomended. Even if that windscreen is very owerpriced for everyone that don't need it and just priced right for those needing it.

That a windscreen is out of SS is new for me. Either you use Alu or Titanium. But titanium is even harder to get, unless you order it in USA. Would not even be so expensive: 12"x12" Ti Foil in 0.33mm cost incl. shipment around 20USD.

Checked Biltema, Bauhaus, Krauta and Clas Ohlson today. Of course they don't have what I need.

Found some swedish companies dealing with aluminium foils. Will check them out but I expect it will be quite expensive.

And why should I use SS? It is just heavy, around 3x more than Al. The use of Ti is due to the heat, not the view gram it is lighter. If you also want to use the windscreen for heating with wood you need Ti.

Nevertheless if I would get SS it would be also fine, but not perfect. Tools are not the problem. Can use the workshop of university ;).

JB Weld

One more question would be, where you can buy JB Weld or something similar. Should be heat resistant to at least 180°C.

Found in some previous threats, that Clas Ohlson has it, but looks like they dont sell it anymore.

clas ohlsson has sheets of ss and Alu, brass and such. at leastthey had that before.
alu and high temperatures do not mix well... but I guess you already know that

BZ

Bring a cakes and speak to the guys in the workshop of any sheet metal workshop or welding company and you will get a piece of aluminum.

If you tell us where you live, someone can probably help you with a company where you can get what you need.

Clas Ohlsen does not have AL or SS sheets. Checked it already out. They even don't have steel wire (sta°ldra°t) thicker than 1.5mm.

I live and study in lovely Södertälje. Was quite a surprise when KTH told me, that my studies will be located there....

There is a lot of industry, but Scania is probably too big to get something from them ;).

hello
aluminium is not a good idea.

1mm stainless is very much overkill.
use 0,5 mm , the problem is to find it in smaller pieces.
try a companie that cut metal with a laser, they might have or know..

but if you want to roll it into a roll for transportation everytime, use 0,3mm

good luck
nils

Liknande trådar

Liknande trådar