Hikes in North/Central Sweden

Hello!

I am traveling up north with a few friends and we are looking for hiking recommendations. We will be at the High Coast, by Alvsbyn, Luleå, and then driving back down the west coast of Sweden. We are looking for day hikes that will give us a challenge, good views and elevation are always a plus. Please give us suggestions of where we can go!

Thank you,

Sara

Hey!

In the High Coast there are a lot of great hikes. I would recommend: (in order south to north)

- Valkallen: a mountain with great views. Pretty steep track, almost climbing. One of the highlight of the High Coast Trail. There is a parking spot near the mountain.

- Rotsidan: beautiful coastline area with red rocks. Nice for a hike close to the sea. It's a protected nature reserve area.

- Rödklitten: short hike up a mountain close to the road, but the view is amazing.

- Norrfällsviken: an other nature reserve with a hiking track on red rocks by the sea. There is also camp site here with restaurants and all the facilities.

- Skuleskogen: national park with the main attraction Slåttdalsskrevan. Hiking in old forrest with pretty tough terrain and great views.

- Trysunda: take the ferry from Köpmanholmen out to the beautiful island of Trysunda for the day. Beutiful hike around the island.

Enjoy!! :)

When you go south I suppose that you will travel e4 back down? That will save you a lot of time, but you will also miss all the beauty at the western parts of Sweden at the board to Norway. Depending on what time you have, you might be interested in visiting the most southern mountain biking point, grövelsjön.
Also, beside lake vättern is a fantastic national park called Tiveden that you could stop by when heading to the west coast.

… and then driving back down the west coast of Sweden. ...
If you don't want to hurry south along the E4 I'd recommend first going west towards the inland area, turning left when you reach the E45 and then follow it south. It ends in Gothenburg... A much nicer route compared to the E4 along the east coast, but also slightly slower.

Liknande trådar