Finnskogleden in October - Experiences

Hej,
I apologize for writing in English, but unfortunately I don't speak Swedish.

I (52) am from Kiel in Germany and would like to walk Finnskogleden in the second half of October. Has anyone walked the trail before and can give me some tips?

- I am expecting temperatures between 6 and -6 degrees Celsius. That's the average for Charlottenberg in October. Could it get colder further north? Is that right?

- How likely is it to snow? And if so, how much snow should I expect?

- The route leads mainly through forest. Is it well signposted?

- I won't I have the opportunity to buy food along the way? Right?

- Is it enough if I take gaiters and a raincoat with me or should I take rain trousers instead of a raincoat? For me, it mainly depends on how high the vegetation is. Because if the grass is very high, my pants will get wet.

I walked the Silverleden (Hällefors) in October two years ago and the Höga Kusten Leden five years ago.

I don't know this corner of Sweden (border with Norway) and would be happy to receive tips and advice.

Thanks, Helge

Just guessing, haven't been there... Take raingear jacket & pants, good warm waterproof boots, and be prepared for a few degrees below, maybe wind and rain. Snow is unlikely, and even if, will be very light. Maps and compass, and smartphone with gps & apps & offline maps, powerbank. Not fun to get lost. Don't know about resupply.

Thank your for your answers!
Two years ago on the Silverleden I already had some snow, but not much. Therefore I was asking. But good to know.

Liknande trådar
Trådstartare Titel Forum Svar Datum
G E Finnskogleden mellan Norge och Sverige Vandringsleder 3

Liknande trådar